Welcome to the Victoria Regent Waterfront Hotel & Suites!
There are no domestic travel restrictions within British Columbia, and as such, we are pleased to welcome guests to the Victoria Regent Waterfront Hotel & Suites.
Please note that we are unable to accommodate guests that need to self-isolate or quarantine.
We take great pride in maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene, and in consultation with WorkSafeBC, the BC Hotel Association, and the Government of British Columbia, we have implemented the following measures:
Suspending the following services:
- Breakfast buffet.
- In room spa services.
- In room minibars and snacks (items are however available for purchase at our front desk).
- Turndown service.
Observing social distancing:
- We ask that guests and staff maintain a minimum of 2 meters of distance from one another.
- We ask that guests and staff practice good elevator etiquette, and limit the occupancy to one person or family. We also encourage the use of stairs where possible.
- Furniture in our lobby has been rearranged to help facilitate social distancing.
Enhancing our housekeeping:
- Daily housekeeping is available to guests.
- If you choose to have daily housekeeping, please be aware that you will have to vacate the room while our housekeeping staff is working.
- If you choose not to have daily housekeeping, please hang your “Do Not Disturb” sign outside.
- All our rooms are well stocked with the essentials, including towels, linens and toiletries. We have reduced our kitchen utensil inventory, but we are happy to provide any additional supplies and garbage removal upon request, between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Continuing to use hospital-grade cleaning products.
- Sanitizing towels and linens with hospital grade detergents and high-temperature washes.
- Sanitizing guests rooms after check-out with hospital grade fogging machines.
- Sanitizing all cutlery, flatware and cookware after check-out in suites that have kitchens.
- Sanitizing all touch points in guest rooms upon check-out including light switches, door handles, furniture surfaces, phones, remote controls and more.
- Performing extra cleanliness checks upon guest check-out.
Implementing additional safety measures at our front desk:
- Protective plexiglas barriers have been installed at our front desk.
- Hand sanitizer is available in public areas, as well as in staff.
- Disinfecting our lobby, front desk and Business Centre frequently.
- Disinfecting public touch points frequently, including doorknobs, light switches, elevator controls, and luggage carts.
- Reducing contact where possible. As always, receipts can be emailed at check-out.
Working closely with our staff to ensure a safe and sanitary environment:
- Receiving ongoing training from industry professionals and health officials.
- Implementing mandatory procedures requiring staff to stay home if they are unwell.
- Where appropriate, staff have been provided with additional protective equipment, including high quality non-surgical masks.
Encouraging preventative measures:
We recommend that guests and staff observe preventative best practices as recommended by the World Health Organization:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially: after using the washroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
For current updates regarding COVID-19 in Canada, please follow this link to the Government of Canada website:
Thank you for your understanding and support!
*Please note that our processes are continually evolving as a result of the guidance we receive from government, industry, and health organizations. As such, our measures, and all of the information provided on this page is subject to change without notice.