Your Health & Safety is our Priority
These are extraordinary times, so we felt it was important to share what we are doing to support you and your travel plans.
There are no domestic travel restrictions within British Columbia, and as such, we are pleased to welcome guests to the Victoria Regent Waterfront Hotel & Suites.
Please note that we are unable to accommodate guests that need to self-isolate or quarantine.
We take great pride in maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene, and in consultation with Work Safe BC, the BC Hotel Association, the Government of British Columbia, and other government, industry and health organizations, we have implemented enhanced cleaning and safety measures to ensure the health and well-being of our staff and guests, including:
Suspending the following services:
- Daily housekeeping (for stay-overs).
- Breakfast buffet.
- In-room spa services.
- Minibars and room snacks (items are however available for purchase at the front desk).
- Turndown service.
Observing social distancing:
- We ask that guests and staff maintain a minimum of 2 meters of distance from one another.
- We ask that guests and staff practice good elevator etiquette, and limit the occupancy to one person or family. We also encourage the use of stairs where possible.
- Furniture in our lobby has been rearranged to help facilitate social distancing.
Enhancing our housekeeping:
- Continuing to use hospital-grade cleaning products.
- Sanitizing towels and linens with hospital grade detergents and high-temperature washes.
- Sanitizing guests rooms after check-out with hospital grade fogging machines.
- Sanitizing all cutlery, flatware and cookware after check-out in suites that have kitchens.
- Sanitizing all touch points in guest rooms upon check-out including light switches, door handles, furniture surfaces, phones, remote controls and more.
- Performing extra cleanliness checks upon guest check-out.
- While daily housekeeping is no longer offered during a stay, your comfort and well-being is a priority. If any additional supplies are needed during your stay, please contact our front desk and we would be pleased to assist.
Implementing additional safety measures at our front desk:
- Protective plexiglas barriers have been installed at our front desk.
- Hand sanitizer is available in all public areas, as well as in staff facilities.
- Disinfecting our lobby, front desk and Business Centre more frequently.
- Disinfecting all public touch points frequently, including doorknobs, light switches, elevator controls, and luggage carts.
- Reducing contact where possible. As always, receipts can be emailed at check-out.
Working closely with our staff to ensure a safe and sanitary environment:
- Receiving ongoing training from industry professionals and health officials.
- Implementing mandatory procedures requiring staff to stay home if they are unwell.
- Where appropriate, staff have been provided with additional protective equipment, including high quality non-surgical masks.
Encouraging preventative measures:
We recommend that guests and staff observe preventative best practices as recommended by the World Health Organization:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially: after using the washroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
We will continue to work closely with local and national health officials to keep our guests and employees safe. Please feel confident that we are doing everything in our power to provide a healthy environment so that you can enjoy your stay with us.
For current updates regarding COVID-19 in Canada, please follow this link to the Government of Canada website:
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions about the safety measures we are taking.
Thank you for your understanding and support!