Dear Victoria Regent Hotel Guests,
These are extraordinary times, so we felt it was important to share what we are doing to support you and your travel plans.
There are no domestic travel restrictions within Canada at this time because of the coronavirus (COVID-19). For current updates about procedures regarding COVID-19 in Canada, please follow this link to the Government of Canada website:
The health and safety of our guests and team members remain our highest priority as the situation around COVID-19 continues to evolve. We take great pride in maintaining very high standards of cleanliness and hygiene. In consultation with global and national health authorities, we have implemented enhanced measures to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous.
Our safety initiatives include:
- Suspending breakfast options at the hotel.
- Suspending our in-room spa services.
- Receiving ongoing briefings from health officials.
- Continuing to use hospital-grade cleaning products.
- Performing extra cleanliness checks upon guest checkout.
- Continuing to use a commercial-grade dishwasher for all cutlery and flatware.
- Disinfecting the lobby, front desk and business centre more frequently.
- Disinfecting all touch points constantly, including doorknobs, light switches, etc.
- Implementing mandatory procedures requiring staff to stay home if they are unwell.
We also encourage staff and guests to follow procedures for prevention as provided by the World Health Organization (WHO):
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially: after using the washroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
We respect our guests’ decision to cancel travel plans during this unprecedented and challenging time. As such, we will be waiving any cancellation penalties or change fees for reservations scheduled to check-in up until April 30th, 2020.
We will continue to work closely with local and national health officials to keep our guests and employees safe. Please feel confident that we are doing everything in our power to provide a healthy environment so that you can enjoy your stay with us.
The Victoria Regent Hotel